There are 4 main ways to join us:
- Spread the word/share our message
There are many people who don’t realize sex-trafficking is a problem, or that it is as big of a problem as it actually is. Share our website, share our Facebook page, visit our media page for downloadable files to print and share. This is the easiest, yet perhaps most helpful way you can join the cause. The more people that know, the more power we have to fight.
We can’t do what we do without people like you joining us in carrying the financial burden of the services we provide. Every dollar that is contributed goes directly to the costs of running this operation and combating child-trafficking. We have one-time or recurring tax-deductible donation options so you can designate where you would like your donation to go. Options include: sponsoring a child which includes their therapy and rehabilitation services, sponsoring worldwide entrepreneurial opportunities for children in the form of goats or chickens, sponsoring mission trips to third world countries, etc. Visit our donation page here.
- Organize an event/fundraiser
Hosting an event broadens our reach by sharing the message and letting people know about the serious, worldwide tragedy of child-trafficking. Events are also a great way to help us raise funds. 5k runs, bake sales and speaking engagements are just a few examples of fundraising events. Contact us if you are interested in organizing an event in your hometown. We have materials and ideas to help you get started.
- Join us on a mission trip
We go on service/mission trips several times per year. You can join us on any of these trips. Common service projects include painting and light construction, gardening and building chicken coops, and medical care. We especially need medical teams. Please contact us if you would like to join a mission trip. Read more about our mission trips here.
Become an Angel
A variety of skills and talents are needed to bring awareness to human trafficking. You can help by becoming an Operation SHIELD Angel by becoming well educated on the facts and then teaching others through social media and networking with friends in your community.If you become an angel you will receive:
- Operation SHIELD t-shirt
- Operation SHIELD master copy of pamphlets and flyers
- Information Packet with facts and statistics of child sex trafficking
- Operation Shield Window sticker
Become a Committee Organizer
Become a Team leader
- Assisting in the organization of the mission trip
- Recruiting participants for service missions
- Collecting and disseminating information for participants of the mission
- Collecting funds for the trip
- Assisting in organizing fundraising activities for the team
- Best Times to Go: All year
- Trip Length: 6 days / 5 nights
- Estimated Cost per Person: $ 2,500
- Donation: A Tax receipt will be provided
Want more information? You can find more detailed information about our mission trips and how to prepare for the trip here.